Tuesday, January 2, 2018

NEVER SEEN BEFORE!



🌟HAPPY NEW YEARS🌟
Damien & Amira never before seen NYE scene : #ElSanto #ElPecador

I walked into Rosarío's house fifteen minutes before the clock struck midnight on New Year’s Eve. She was throwing her annual party to ring in the new year, surrounded by all her friends who were more like family. I’d known them probably as long as I’d known Rosarío, but I wasn’t there for them. I made my way through the crowd of people who were dancing around the room, celebrating the impending arrival of another year. They were laughing and cheering, counting down the minutes exactly how I was, but for entirely different reasons. I tried to be discreet and go undetected as I eagerly made my way to the back of the house. Though it didn’t take long for me to find her, I knew exactly where she’d be. The second I stepped foot out into the backyard I jerked back, caught off guard by how beautifully grown up she looked under the pale moonlight.
“Jesus, Muñeca! What the fuck are you wearing?” I blurted, causing her to abruptly turn around and look at me.
“Damien,” she smiled, immediately peering down at the ground. Wiping away a tear, hoping it would go unnoticed. Fully aware that I always noticed everything.
Especially when it came to her.
“What are you doing here? I thought you had to work.”
“I’m here for you,” I simply stated the truth, not realizing what that could have meant to an almost fifteen-year-old girl.
There was sadness in her eyes as she replied, “Mama Rosa bought me this dress today. You don’t like it?”
I inadvertently eyed her up and down, taking in the young woman standing in front of me. No longer the little girl I once saved. “No, Amira, I don’t. Where has the time gone?” I asked, thinking out loud. Nodding to her, I added, “Why are you crying?”
She locked eyes with me. “Couldn’t just let that go, huh?”
“Do I ever?”
She chuckled, turning back around to look at her Mariposa garden. “We walked passed a doll store today while we were shopping. I saw my doll Yuly in the window, along with the price tag on her wrist.” She wrapped her arms around her torso as I watched the way her white dress flowed in the soft breeze of the night. “I was too young to realize it back then, but we were poor, Damien. There’s no way my father could afford that doll.”
I took a deep breath, knowing where she was going with this.
“He stole it for me because he knew how much I wanted a doll and now, here I am almost six years later and I have an arsenal of them… because of you.” When she turned to face me again I was standing right behind her, instinctively placing my jacket on her shoulders. Providing her with any comfort I could before I wiped away another one of her tears.
I grabbed her chin to look at me. “And here we are, Muñeca. Almost six years ago I had no one and now I have you. Let’s count the small blessings that we do have, eh?”
“Ten, nine, eight, seven,” we overhead the party inside chanting until they screamed out, “One!”
I touched the end of her nose. “Happy New Year, Amira.”
She didn’t hesitate, throwing her arms around me and repeating, “Happy New Year, Damien." Except she added, "I love you.”
El Santo/Free on KU: http://amzn.to/2gAECUB
El Pecador Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2C1uUji

No comments:

Post a Comment